Monday, March 19, 2007

The Last St. Louis Post!

Wow, how long has it been since I last updated? I didn't forget about the blog, it's just been crazy lately and I never had the chance to update. At least this time I have pictures! I also have a small video, but I'm not sure how to upload those. If I can figure it out, I will post it.

So, when I last left you, I was freezing my patootie off at Art Hill. The next day was Valentines Day and we just hung low and relaxed. Eric made his famous French toast for breakfast (or was it an early lunch?) and the guys ran a quick errand to Dad's to drop off the car, while Gabby and I just hung out at home. That night we had reservations at White Castle (yes, I said White Castle) for a romantic Valentines dinner and it was decided that we would walk to our destination. You would think that since I froze the night before that I would have stood up and changed the decision to drive, but alas, I was up for an adventure and said "yes" to walking a mile and a half (I think) to White Castle. When we first started walking, I about changed my mind. It was still freezing and I was afraid of slipping and falling on my rear, but after I warmed up and I figured out how to walk in snow and ice it wasn't so bad. In fact, it was an enjoyable experience! I really enjoyed walking through the city and seeing the beautiful brick houses up close.

When we reached our destination, the lovely hostess at White Castle seated us at our table. For those of you who don't know, it's quite the experience. The section off an area of the joint and decorate with Valentines decorations and set the tables with red plastic table clothes and candles. There was also a lovely plate of pretzels to munch on while we were waiting to have our order taken. We ordered a bunch of burgers and some of their sides and had a good time visiting. I don't think I will ever forget it!

After our dinner we walked back home and warmed up before making the trip over to Ted Drews for some delicious frozen (yes, frozen) custard. Who doesn't enjoy eating frozen custard when it's 15 degrees outside? Any time Eric and I go to St. Louis, a trip to Ted Drews is a MUST. They have the best frozen custard. We then spent the last night of our trip visiting some more with Brian and Gabby, wishing we didn't have to go home the next day.

Sadly, Thursday came too fast and we got busy packing up to leave. We had lunch at http://www.crowncandykitchen.com/ which is a cool restaurant that was built in 1913! They have excellent food and delicious malts! After lunch, we were dropped off at the airport and be bit a sad farewell to our best friends and were on our way home.

Our trip was too short, as usual, but we had a blast. We are already looking forward to the next trip, whenever that is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!