Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday's Feast


I just discovered a new (well, new to me) Web Meme that I really enjoy so now I will be doing this on a weekly basis! I need some way to keep your interest in this thing!



Appetizer
What are you proud of?
~Both my husband and myself. We are working towards being debt free and we've both prayerfully decided to cut back our spending drastically so that we can pay our debt off faster. It's not easy seeing that we have major Stuff-itis

Soup
What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize?
~The only thing I have ever one was a bouquet of birthday flowers from a local radio station because my mom called in to wish me a happy 18th birthday. So by default, it's the best!


Salad
Name something you do that is a waste of time.
~I really, really enjoy the Sims2 computer games. I have found myself wasting an entire Saturday away because I lost track of time. That's happened only a couple of times, but since I know now how much it sucks me in, I time myself. But it's a very fun game and I love my little families. It's like a doll house for grown ups.


Main Course
In what year of your life did you change the most?
~Probably in 2002. That's when I got married and realized that it was time to grow up and become responsible. I've got the responsible thing down, it's the growing up that's hard to do.


Dessert
Where is a place you consider to be very tranquil?
~The mountains. I could spend all day in Big Bear if I could.

8 comments:

Joseph C. Harris said...

Welcome to Friday's Feast! You and your husband sound like my wife and I. We have recently started cutting back our spending so we can eliminate debt. Good luck to you. My feast is served as well if you would like to come and join.

Gina said...

Good luck on your appetizer! And yes, you should be proud.

I love flowers so that's a good enough soup!

Haha on the salad--- I know what you mean! Guilty of it, too.

Main course: That is a BIG change, indeed.

Dessert: mountains...oh,yeah..

You are welcome to my second feast if you so desire!

Kara said...

We had to learn how to cut back on stuff too. Oh, I love Sims2! I don't own it (good thing lol, I'd waste away my life) but I used to like playing with my SIL. Great feast!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Good for you trying to get out of debt, it is so worth every bit of crap you don't buy! :) My husband and I thought we'd never be credit card debt free when we got married three years ago. $33,000 later we are! Praise God for his provisions! Now...it's the student loans that need to be hit!

Oh, and we love Big Bear too! We went there on our honeymoon!

Anonymous said...

Good going girl!! I love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

I'll get the hang of this yet, be patient with me!!

Crystal said...

Welcome to the feast! :)

Stuff-itis can be hard to get rid of, but major kudos to you and your husband for working on your debt. That is definitely a worthy goal!

Rob Carr said...

Best wishes on eliminating debt!

Thanks for the feast.

Rob of UnSpace