Monday, February 26, 2007

So Much Stuff To Do, So Little Time To Do It

I've got a bunch of stuff I want to accomplish this evening after I get home from work. It's almost overwhelming, but I know if I write it down, it won't be so bad.

Before I met my husband, I would just do things when they came to mind. I never thought of writing things out on a list. If I missed something, I wouldn't panic (too much) I would just do it later, if I had the time. The more things I forgot, (and I DID forget, because I'm scatterbrained like that) the more things I would have to do later, and then I'd have absolutely no time left to do the things I missed. Once that would happen, I'd freak out, spend all night working on a bunch of projects and get no sleep what so ever (remember those last minute term papers mom?) You would think I learned my lesson and learn how to make a list, but no, I didn't. I continued in my lack of organization and more freak outs occurred.

Enter my husband. He is list maker extrodinaire! He makes lists for the most simplest of things. When we were dating and I would have one of my freak outs because I, as usual, would forget a bunch of stuff, he would constantly tell me to sit down and make a list of what needed to get done. I would, sweetly of course, roll my eyes at him and tell him not to worry, I had it all under control. At first he would be sweet and console me during my freak outs, but after awhile he would tell me "I told you so!" and then walk off while shaking his head. I think he finally got sick of my freak outs because he finally sat me down and told me to write everything I needed to do down. I did and life as I know it got easier! Why didn't I do this before! Now, I'm still not the best at remembering to make a list, but I am doing a lot better. So since I just got done talking about making a list, here is the list of things I would like to get done after work.

  • Do load of "work clothes"- Done
  • Empty Dishwasher-Done
  • Load dishwasher again and wash dishes (We use more dishes than anyone else I know!)- Done
  • Clean kitchen and straighten up kitchen table- Done
  • Prepare dinner and stick it in the oven- Done
  • Tear down dog kennel and vacuum living room floor- Done
  • Dust living room furniture- Done
  • Do load of sheets and blankets- I did the sheets, but I will have to do the blankets tonight
  • Clean master bathroom- Done
  • Vacuum master bedroom- To be done tonight

I know it seems like a lot, but I think I can get it done in a couple of hours or less. I was hoping to get that stuff done over the weekend, but it didn't happen. So as soon as I get home, I'm gonna put my cute little apron on and get to work!

Oh, and if any of you working wives read this, please leave some tips for me on how to organize work and home. I could sure use them!









No comments: