Monday, February 5, 2007

Monday Meanderings and Memes, Sans Menu Plan Monday

I know, my title is a mouthful isn't it? Well, here we are. Back at Monday. Just like Garfield, I hate Mondays. Even the weekends are even tainted for me, because I know Monday is coming right around the corner.

Despite the fact that today is Monday, my weekend was fabulous. It started out on Saturday with a wonderful birthday breakfast with my parents (beautiful roses included), a fun shopping trip to Lane Bryant, where I got some great clothes and then ended with a fun night of card playing with my brother and cousins. Then on Sunday we spent the afternoon at my other brother's home watching the Super Bowl in his home theater. A grand time was had by all! Since we didn't "really" celebrate my birthday, it makes me look forward to the 18th when we will do the family thing. It just makes it seem like a Birthmonth instead of a birthday!

I'm just about ready for our up and coming trip to St. Louis. All I need to do is pick up some dry cleaning, finish a couple loads of laundry and then pack. I do have this nagging feeling that I will forget something, but I'm not too worried about it. If we do leave something behind, we can most likely just buy it when we get to our destination.

Now, on to the next item of my Monday agenda... A fun Meme, brought to you by Kimberly, of her cute blog, http://kimberlys-cup.blogspot.com. I thought this one would be fun! So, here are a few of my favorite things!


A- Authors
Charlotte Bronte, Lori Wick, Francine Rivers, J.K. Rowling.

B- Books
Jane Eyre, Anne of Green Gables, Redeeming Love and many more that I can't think of at the moment.


C- Coffee
Cinnamon Dolce Latte

D- Dessert

Any cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory

E- Elegant Object You Own
Hmmmm, I don't own anything too elegant. I'll have to think of that one.

F- Flowers
Hydrangeas and roses

G- Guests for Tea
Audry Hepburn. I would love to sit down and have a chat with her. She had such a beautiful personality.


H- Home
Anything that looks like this:
(It doesn't have to be Mount Vernon, but something similar would be nice)










I- Inspirational Authors

Beth Moore & Elizabeth George. Both wise and insightful Christian women.

J- Jane Austen book
Emma

K- Kitchen Gadget
My coffee pot

L- Laundry Help
My husband

M- Musical
Yikes! This one is hard! I LOVE musicals. Top three are Singin' in the Rain, My Fair Lady and The Sound of Music

N- Naptime
I don't take many naps, but I love a nice nap when I am snuggled with my kitties.

O- Organizing Tip
You're asking the wrong girl.

P Pride & Prejudice Character
Mr. Darcy.

Q- Quote
"Stop telling God how big your storm is, start telling the storm how big your God is." Alan Whitaker

R- Recipe
Right now I love that bread recipe from Bethany. I'm looking forward to making it again.

S-Scent
Fresh brewed coffee

T- Tea
I'm not a huge hot tea fan, however Paradise Tropical Iced Tea is one of my favorites.

U- Underwater Creature
Any huge sea mammals. Dolphins and whales are amazing to watch.

V- Voyage You’ve Taken
Probably my senior class trip to New England. I wish I could go again see things with my adult eyes instead of my annoying "teenage" eyes. I didn't have near the respect for historical stuff then as I do now.

W- Water Feature; Lake, Creek, Ocean, etc.
Ocean. Being a California girl, nothing beats the Pacific Ocean.

X- X-tra Special Treat for Yourself
Eating Dove dark chocolate and drinking a nice hot cup of Starbucks coffee

Y- Thing About YOU!
My happy disposition. I don't get upset too easily and I don't stress over much.

Z- Zoo Animal
Giraffes.


Last, but not least, there is no Menu Plan Monday for me this week because I'm leaving for a trip in a couple of days and menu planning isn't necessary. Plus it's an extra excuse to go out to eat a couple nights in a row (c:

So that's it for me today. I'm sure I'll find something else to post about later.

No comments: