Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday Snippets

"Saturday Afternoon" by Tim Coffee


It is a beautiful day today. It's a bit chilly (still not cold enough for me) and overcast and I'm just soaking it in. It's not often that we have days like this, here in sunny Southern California. It's also a beautiful day today because my husband is in the kitchen cleaning our ceiling fan blades. He's so good to me.

Well, my plan for getting up early bombed today. I feel slightly embarrassed to admit this, but we didn't get up till nearly 11. I don't remember the last time I slept in that late. To my credit though, my sinuses have been really acting up and I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days, so my body was probably needing the rest. I will be getting up extra early tomorrow to make up for it though, since Eric has to be at church at 6:30 in the morning. That's what he gets for being a sound tech. When he gets up at four dark thirty in the morning, I get up with him and make his coffee and breakfast while he's getting ready. He likes to have a big breakfast to hold him over till church is done by 2 in the afternoon (we have three services, so he's there for a loooong time). Yeah, it's early and I don't have to get up with him, but he really appreciates it and I like doing it for him.

Once we got up this morning, Eric made some coffee and I warmed up some of the banana bread
I made yesterday, then it was time to tackle the house cleaning. I put away our Christmas decorations yesterday, but we didn't take the tree down because Eric's back was bugging him and we have a pretty big tree. Usually we dread taking the tree down, not only because it's sad (I LOVE my Christmas tree) but because it's so big and bulky, we don't know what to do with it once we take it apart. This year, my brilliant husband (he has good ideas once and awhile) thought of a new way to pack up our tree. You'll have to wait till Wednesday, because I will be making this a
Works for me Wednesday post. I've never done one before, so I'm excited. It's the little things that makes me happy.

Well, I've been on here too long and I still have some dusting to do and a couch to vacuum, so I better skedaddle. I hope you guys have had a beautiful day too.









No comments: