Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Menu Plan Monday...errrr, Tuesday!


I really meant to do this yesterday, but I just didn't have the time. I usually have some down time at work, and that's when I catch up on my e-mails, blog reading and blog writing, (with full permission from my boss, of course) however, I had absolutely no down time yesterday, so I never got around to putting my menu on my blog, which is why I had to wait till now! Since were on a limited budget, these meals aren't exactly gourmet, but hey, at least we can eat and I'm making it with stuff we already have on hand.

Breakfasts are usually a mix of oatmeal and fruit, toast with peanut butter and some fruit, or cereal. Once and awhile, Eric makes a couple eggs for me. Lunch for me is a sandwich, fruit and some corn chips. Or sometimes some leftovers from dinner the night before. Simple, easy, cheap!

Monday- Eric is on his own (he leaves for a class before I get home from work) and I get spoiled by my parents, since they take me out!

Tuesday- Spaghetti and meat sauce, salad

Wednesday- Beef enchiladas, salad

Thursday- Taco soup

Friday- Leftovers

Saturday- ? (We are helping friends move, so I'm not sure if we will do something light, like sandwiches, or if we will eat with them)

Sunday- Mac and Cheese, chicken tenders (we have people over Sunday nights, so dinner is quick)

So that's it for the week. There's nothing fancy, but the enchiladas are soooo good. I will have to post the recipe on Wednesday or Thursday, after I make them. It's a great meal for a group and it's also nice for us because it gives us some leftovers for the next day.

I'm also hoping to get another blog up this afternoon, if I have some downtime. I have some ideas running through my head, so if I don't forget any of them, I will make a post!





No comments: