Thursday, December 4, 2008

Big Bear Pictures!

Our family has a yearly tradition that dates back to when I when I was in high school and before all the kids were born (except for Katie and Maggie). Every Thanksgiving weekend, the cousins trek up the mountain to spend the weekend at a cabin in Big Bear. I wasn't allowed until I was out of high school, but ever since then, it's been a tradition I always look forward to. We've been to three different cabins in the past, but the current one we stay at is our all time favorite. It has 4 bedrooms and two good sized living spaces. It fits perfectly with our growing bunch.

Below are some photos from this past weekend. I miss it already!

"Serious" Eric, on the way up the mountain


The view once we got up there






Here is our home away from home, Coulter Lodge.



A trip to the cabin isn't complete without playing a bunch of games.

Uno



I'm almost out!!

Poker is a must during Big Bear weekend

I'm preparing to deal


My brothers, Dave (who is camera shy) and Jon

My cousin, Tom, is the big winner!

Whatcha drinkin' Dave?
Amanda takes in the action
Karen's Big Bear tradition is to work on her scrap booking
Usually after spending lots of time sitting and watching movies, or playing games, we like to go out and get some fresh air by taking a walk.

My niece and nephew, Mia and Nick

My nephews, Justin and Joshua
Joshua is all bundled up! Good grief is he ever cute!

Me and the hubster. Sorry it's so blurry!
This one is a bit too dark, but at least it isn't blurry! We are in the same spot as above too.
Jon and Amanda
Dave and Karen
A random shot of the roaring fire we always had going


I can't believe Big Bear weekend has already come and gone. We always have so much fun and I'm already looking forward to next year!

No comments: