Thursday, September 25, 2008

Feminine Friday

One of the blogs I adore hosts a little meme called "Feminine Friday". It's a way for us gals to show how many different ways we can include some femininity in our lives. I usually don't participate because in all honesty, I'm not that feminine. Sure, I love pretty things as much as the next girl, but in reality, I 'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal. This week she is asking us to share our favorite scripture that we use in times of tribulation. This week, a good friend of Kelly's lost her daughter. Even though I am not yet a mother, I can't help but feel sadness for this family as they go through this time of grief. The verse that immediately came to mind is:

Romans 8:28: And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

It is just a great reminder that no matter what the trial may be, God is constantly working in our lives and even though we can't see the "calm through the storm", HE is there working through us and in the end, we will look back at God's great mercy and go "why did I ever doubt Him?"

My thoughts and prayers are definately with this family.



1 comment:

Pauline said...

Sorry to hear about your friend's lost, it's a comforting piece of scripture. Did you know that being feminine does not mean being 'frilly'? I think it's about being a woman, your gender, the way God made you. Think about it :o)