Wednesday, April 4, 2007

More on my Organizational Challenge


I thought that since I had more time, I would go into more detail about what I am planning to do while cleaning up/re-organizing our office/cat room. Right now it's a disaster. It's only open because that's where the litter boxes are and the cats need to go in many times a day. When I have company, that door stays sealed shut. It's awful. Other than the litter boxes surrounded by loose litter the cats like to toss around, I also have a book shelf that has a few books thrown onto it and stacks upon stacks of paid bills, financial statements, insurance stuff and Lord knows what else. We also have 2 desks and a table holding our computers. Yes we have more than one computer. My husband is a computer nerd and people just give us computers. We should be so blessed, but really, enough is enough.

So following is a list of questions that Laura has on her site and I thought I would try to answer then the best that I can.

1. What do I want the purpose of my room or area to be?
~A functional computer room where I can play my game, surf the internet, do our family budget and pay our bills without getting stressed because of all the clutter.

2. What do I need in or near the room to serve that purpose?
~Calculator- For our budgeting/Basket for filing/Some sort of makeshift filing cabinet/Bins for cat food/litter/ Place for pens and pencils

3. What can I remove from the room?
So much I can't think of at the moment

4. What problems do I see with the room?
~Messy/unorganized

5. What organizational tools might solve those problems?
~ A nuclear bomb?

6. What habits need to change to solve the organizational problems?
~I need to stop procrastinating when it comes to filing. It sits and sits till I do it, which is usually never

7. What kind of a budget do I have to create the organized room of my dreams?
~ A VERY small one. I might need a couple of cheapy bins, but we can re-organize with what we already have.

8. What kind of a timeline is necessary to organize the room?
~I've got 30 days to get it under control

9. What is my plan of action?
~I am going to take out everything I can first and put things back one by one until it's completely organized. Then I will KEEP IT UP!!!

10. Who can I ask to help me with this?
~I've asked my husband to help when I need it and I'm also asking other challenge members to keep me motivated!!!

So that is my plan. I am hoping to have my "before" pictures up by the weekend so y'all can see how bad it looks now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When ya startin'????

Laura said...

Hello! Thanks for joining in. I love that you will take out what you first and do your sort/purge outside of that space. It is the best way to realize what you have and you will more objective about what you put back. Good luck to you!!

Can't wait to see the pictures,
Laura