All I have needed Thy hand hath provided. Great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.
Wednesday, April 4, 2007
More on my Organizational Challenge
I thought that since I had more time, I would go into more detail about what I am planning to do while cleaning up/re-organizing our office/cat room. Right now it's a disaster. It's only open because that's where the litter boxes are and the cats need to go in many times a day. When I have company, that door stays sealed shut. It's awful. Other than the litter boxes surrounded by loose litter the cats like to toss around, I also have a book shelf that has a few books thrown onto it and stacks upon stacks of paid bills, financial statements, insurance stuff and Lord knows what else. We also have 2 desks and a table holding our computers. Yes we have more than one computer. My husband is a computer nerd and people just give us computers. We should be so blessed, but really, enough is enough.
So following is a list of questions that Laura has on her site and I thought I would try to answer then the best that I can.
1. What do I want the purpose of my room or area to be? ~A functional computer room where I can play my game, surf the internet, do our family budget and pay our bills without getting stressed because of all the clutter.
2. What do I need in or near the room to serve that purpose? ~Calculator- For our budgeting/Basket for filing/Some sort of makeshift filing cabinet/Bins for cat food/litter/ Place for pens and pencils
3. What can I remove from the room? So much I can't think of at the moment
4. What problems do I see with the room? ~Messy/unorganized
5. What organizational tools might solve those problems? ~ A nuclear bomb?
6. What habits need to change to solve the organizational problems? ~I need to stop procrastinating when it comes to filing. It sits and sits till I do it, which is usually never
7. What kind of a budget do I have to create the organized room of my dreams? ~ A VERY small one. I might need a couple of cheapy bins, but we can re-organize with what we already have.
8. What kind of a timeline is necessary to organize the room? ~I've got 30 days to get it under control
9. What is my plan of action? ~I am going to take out everything I can first and put things back one by one until it's completely organized. Then I will KEEP IT UP!!!
10. Who can I ask to help me with this? ~I've asked my husband to help when I need it and I'm also asking other challenge members to keep me motivated!!!
So that is my plan. I am hoping to have my "before" pictures up by the weekend so y'all can see how bad it looks now.