Sunday, June 21, 2009

Time Flies

I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted something. Funny how I thought that since I would be home all day, I could post more often, but it seems like I don't have a whole lot of time on the computer in the day time and by the evening, if I wanted to post something during the day, I've completely forgotten about by the time I get to the computer.

The more I think about it, another reason I don't blog as often as I would like is because my life really is sort of boring. I have no kids to post about and my housework is minimal since I have a small home, so I don't have anything interesting to say about that. I often wonder where I want my blog to go. Sometimes I think it would be fun to make it a homemaking blog since I am a full time homemaker now, but there are so many other wonderful homemaking blogs out there already, that mine would get lost and I wouldn't have anything new to add.

There are a couple things that I am mulling around in my head that I may post about, but I'm not really ready yet. Lately, I have been reading a couple of books about having a submissive spirit and I have a few thoughts about the topic, but I don't feel prepared to write about it yet. It may not be a hugely popular topic to some people and I want to prepare myself by *really* studying the Scripture so I can be prepared for any backlash that I may get. Also, these are things I am working on and struggling through right now, so I don't want to sound like I know everything when in fact, I'm still learning about it all the time. All I can say is God is doing a might work in this *very* independant and stubborn girl.

Looking back on my last post, I have done a bit better in my time management. This past week was kinda "meh" but I was in a mental funk and that seems to be over now, so hopefully things can go back to normal. Things are pretty much the same in our little corner of the world. I'm usually busy doing home-y things and Eric is researching anything he can find for work. We have been a little busy here and there between church, family and friends, but I'm really enjoying the slow paced life for right now. For a long time, it seemed like we were constantly busy and we were always going somewhere. Now we are usually home and I'm turning into a big ol' homebody. I have been wanting to get out my crafting stuff, and get my card stash going, but my stuff is in a few different boxes and it's a big ol' hassle to take everything out, make a huge mess and put it all back in those boxes again. I'm hoping to eventually make a crafting space in one of our rooms, but I'm not quite sure how I can go about that. I may have to think it through for a little while and see what I can figure out.

So that's my little update for now. I would really like to really get into blogging so hopefully I can post some more and hopefully you will all find it interesting!




1 comment:

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Like you I'm a housewife with a small house and no kids. I'm no decorator, so I'm certainly not going to blog about my home! I probably blog too much about my cats, but they're important to me. I figure if people don't want to read about them, they can skip those posts. ;-)

Sometimes I feel blah and boring, as if there's nothing of interest to say, but really, I've found that everyday observations are often what I find interesting to read and write about, so that's often what I do.

Personally, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on what you've been reading and studying. Probably a breath of fresh air compared to all the blogs where hubby/father is everything. There seem to be an awful lot of those out there, and frankly, I'm finding them a bit tiresome. Not that honoring one's husband is a bad thing, but I think you probably know what I mean.